It is a technique used to change the colors and shapes of the teeth permanently. The development of adhesive bonding systems has made it possible to make laminate veneers containing only the labial face of the teeth without making minimum or no preparation. Porcelain Laminate veneers are conservative restorations requiring minimal tooth loss, providing good aesthetic results in teeth with discoloration, diastema and deformity. It is generally used in the restoration of the upper anterior teeth, and sometimes it is preferred in the lower incisors and premolar teeth.
When to choose porcelain laminate veneers?
- For the closure of diastema between anterior teeth
- On teeth colored for various reasons
- Enamel hypoplasia and malformations
- In the presence of aesthetic and unhealthy restorations on the labial surface of the teeth
- On eroded teeth
- In lateral tooth deficiency, canine is used to make the tooth lateral
- In opening closing cases
- Partially rotated and malpositioned teeth to correct
- Lengthening the short teeth in clinical crowns
When can porcelain laminate veneers not be made
- In people with bruxism
- In cases where enamel thickness is not enough
- Those with poor oral hygiene and high caries incidence
- Those who do not have enough enamel tissue to provide sufficient adhesion
- Class 3 malocclusion and break-even closure
- In teeth with excessive perplexity and rotation
- In permanent teeth that are not finished
- Porcelain laminate veneers cannot be made as acid roughening cannot be performed on milk teeth.
Porcelain laminated veneers mostly do not require anesthesia, but they require a small amount of preparation, they do not change color, have high abrasion resistance when compared to composites and good bonding to enamel when roughened with acid. They are resistant to stretching and shearing forces when adhered and they have excellent aesthetic strengths. They are also resistant to liquid absorption. (saliva, water and other mouth liquids) and they require short preparation times.
It is difficult to change color after sticking and difficult to repair. The production is time-consuming, very fragile before sticking, has a high cost and it is difficult to keep the tooth in proper position during rehearsals. There should a cooperation between the laboratory and the dentist.
The resulting color of porcelain veneers depends not only on the thickness, opacity and color of the porcelain but also on the thickness and color of the adhesive composite and the color of the underlying tooth.
+90 505 226 20 49