Wisdom Tooth Extraction
There are two options for the extraction of wisdom teeth. Some patients may have their teeth pulled out normally, and some patients may require surgery. X-ray and tomography is used to determine how to pull the tooth and the tooth is pulled out by the determined method. Local anesthesia is used so that the patient does not feel pain.
Wisdom teeth can be covered with gums or bones. Teeth that are in this state are called embedded teeth. In some cases, molars in front of wisdom teeth can put pressure on the teeth and damage them. Therefore, the patient may feel pain and distortion of the anterior teeth may occur due to pressure on the teeth.
Wisdom teeth covered with gums can sometimes lead to infection. Infection swelling, smell and opening may cause difficulties. After repeated infections the bone begins to melt and inflamed tissue occurs instead of the molten bone. After wisdom tooth extraction, take face may swell and feel pain due to the bone tissue around the teeth.
There are gums and bones around the teeth. When the teeth start to grow,they first pass the bone structure and the gums. Some teeth can pass both tissues but some teeth can pass the bone structure and cannot pass the gum tissue. Teeth in this type of state are called impacted teeth.
Should all wisdom tooth be removed?
If the impacted teeth do not cause any problems to the person or harm other teeth, they do not need to be pulled out. However, if the wisdom teeth are damaged due to caries or fractures and they cannot be treated with filling, canal treatment, coating or other treatment methods they must be removed. Wisdom teeth need to be checked regularly, as these teeth that are not pulled out in time can cause distortion and inflammation of other teeth.
What is the surgical tooth extraction?
Some patients may be afraid of the surgical procedure but nothing to fear. This type of attraction is used when the tooth is not seen in the mouth, if there is a break in the gingival border and when the tooth is bruised. Local anesthesia is also used for this type of tooth extraction.
What should be done after wisdom tooth extraction?
Dentist recommendations must be followed.
- The tampon placed by the dentist in the area where the tooth was pulled out should be bitten firmly for 30 minutes to stop bleeding. Tampon should be discarded when bleeding stops. The patient should not spit because bleeding may continue.
- If the dentist gave the use of ice, it must be applied. Keeping ice in the same place can cause ice burns. The ice mold should be removed at intervals of 5 seconds and placed in the cheek area again. Depending on the size of the surgical procedure, one application should be continued every 30 minutes. Should continue this way several times.
- Nothing should be consumed for 2 hours after tooth extraction. Foods consumed after 2 hours should be warm and soft.
- It should not be consumed in very hot foods and beverage, as well as alcohol an acidic beverages, for 48 hours after tooth extraction. Also that place should not be used.
- Smoking should not be allowed for 48 hours after tooth extraction.
- The area where the tooth was pulled out should be clean.
- Clot may form in the area where the tooth is pulled out so the mouth should not be shaken. Otherwise, the patient may feel pain.
- The first night should be slept with a high pillow.
- The drugs recommended by the dentist should be used regularly.
- The place where the tooth was pulled out should not be touched.
- Food residues should be prevented from entering the wound. Grain foods such as rice and sesame should not be consumed until the tooth extraction site heals. Brush with a soft toothbrush 24 hours after tooth extraction.
+90 505 226 20 49